…but nothing’s really changed.
Isn’t it fab when a bunch of mates can get together and decide to have a random game of football. Had a quick glance around and we decided to play at Gateshead Stadium. There was even a pitch free, so we all chipped in and hired it. Then we decided to push the boat out a bit and instead of four jumpers, we hired a set of goalposts. To top it off, we thought we’d look the part and despite it being just a “random” kick-about, we dusted off the old kits and miraculously, we were all wearing white shorts and socks. Isn’t it amazing when that happens. Just mates having a kick-about.*
* This is a legal disclaimer.
So, around fifteen people were pencilled in to turn up. We only had the eleven for kick off – so normal Sassco then.
- Dunston turned up looking wider.
- Callum’s roids have wore off.
- Marky looked fit as usual.
- Davey Chops was just typically miserable.
- Macca slagged off the referee, saying the usual “I’m gonna smash him.” “We’re shite” “We’ll hammer these”
- Pearson and Gourlay realised why they actually left Sassco in the first place.
- Gary Heads loved it.
- Simma looked depressed.
- Tyson asked if he could sign on for the forthcoming season after scoring twice.